Happy Easter to All!
I woke up this morning to a snowy KC. I can honestly say I do not remember the last time I woke up to snow on Easter morning. It’s pretty and all, but I’m really starting to feel like KC did not get the memo that it is officially spring.
Once again the Firefighter and I are off to a holiday feast and were asked to bring a favorite dish. Even though we made cheese grits for Thanksgiving, I made a half-batch for Easter for the Firefighter to enjoy.
For my favorite dish, I whipped together a batch of one of my favorite ‘salads’. I use the term ‘salad’ loosely, since this dish is more along the lines of jello-salad as opposed to one with lettuce. But if it’s called a ‘salad’, it’s still good for you, right?
In my family we call this concoction ‘Champagne Salad’, though sadly there is no alcohol in this dish at all. Even so, this dish is delicious, quick and easy to put together for any occasion:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used two parts sugar to one part Splenda)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen strawberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- Blend cream cheese and sugar together.
- Add pineapple, strawberries, bananas and Cool Whip, mixing everything together.
- Pour the combined ingredients into a 9″ x 13″ pan, cover, and put in freezer to chill.
- Once frozen, cut into squares and serve.
- Dig in and enjoy!